Monday, July 27, 2009

I do not love you straightforwardly



Back to the basics, one at a time
Breathe in, breathe out
Love and be loved
It's simple, but simple is hard
Nobody said it was easy
But what's hard is simple

I do not love you like the flight of an arrow
I love you like the wind that takes it off course
There is pride in that love, and in who it's for
Yet I will veer away and find an easier target

I do not love you straightforwardly
Shadows blend with the soul
I love you in cryptic messages
Simple words are for simpler people

I know how, why and I know from where
I forgotten all else to make room in my mind
Plants that never bloom must become the flower
I love you like still air loves the wind

But my hand, my eyes will never find yours
I keep my eyes open so you may sleep
The hand on my chest feels a dying heartbeat
A complicated rhythm, out of sync with the world

Back to this basics, but wiser this time
Breathe in, breathe out
Play the game and hope to lose
I wish I could love straightforwardly
I'm a simple man
But it's hard to be simple

3 comments:

Zedekiah said...

Saahilkapoor: you just sang the tune of the song Ive searched the melody for....I want this. I always have and tried not to want. A trasparent flimsy cover be no match for a cloak to inner, secret desires we pray no one knows....we all want this....secretly loud.... I see traces of conversation, pieces of lines coming together from last night...

Thanks for this.....Much Much Much Luv.... D'Oh!

Zedekiah said...

.... and the pic too.... of the wise old man who loved to love :-)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!